ILO Internship Program 2020 in Thailand:
Applications are invited to apply for the ILO Internship Program 2020 in Thailand. The duration of the International Labour Organisation Internship Programme is 6 months. There in No Application Fee to apply for Internship in Thailand. There is No Need for IELTS/TOEFL for internship application but the applicant must have an excellent command of English. Also apply for Global Internship Program 2020 in South Korea (Fully Funded).
ILO Internship Programme provides an opportunity for talented individuals to increase understanding of relevant issues at the international level by involving them directly in the work of the Office and the application of ILO principles, programmes and strategies and to gain practical experience with the ILO directly related to their field of study.
The International Labour Organization is a United Nations agency whose mandate is to advance social justice and promote decent work by setting international labour standards. It was the first specialised agency of the UN. Must check Australia Awards Scholarships 2020 (Fully Funded).
ILO Internship Program 2020 Details:
- Organization: International Labour Organisation (ILO)
- Internship duration: 6 months
- Benefits: $550/month
- Eligible nationality: International
- Internship country: Thailand
- Last Date: 17 February 2020.
Join Our WhatsApp Group if You not Joined it Already
Stipend for ILO Internship:
- As an intern in Bangkok, you will receive a stipend of USD 550 per month from the ILO, unless you receive funding through another institution (for example your university or a foundation).
- If you receive partial funding, ILO will cover the difference to ensure you receive USD 550 per month.
- Your travel to Bangkok will be at your own expense.
Note: Please note that the ILO does not take responsibility for any costs arising from accidents and/or illness incurred during the internship. You will be responsible for your own insurance coverage for illness and accidents for the duration of the internship at the duty station (in this case, in Bangkok).
If you want to study free in New Zealand the apply for New Zealand Government Scholarship 2020 (Fully Funded).
Also check Undergraduate Studies Scholarship 2020 in Spain.
- Candidates must be enrolled in the final year of a postgraduate degree program, such as a master’s program or equivalent or in a higher degree program in a relevant technical field including mass communications, media relations, journalism, international relations, gender studies, international development or other relevant disciplines, or have completed such program in the year preceding the application.
- Any experience of working in communications, labour migration, trafficking, violence against women or other related fields would be a plus. Knowledge and experience of working with the ILO and/or UN Women constituents and in the ASEAN region is an asset.
- Excellent command of English
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills;
- Intermediate Adobe Creative Suite (Indesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator) skills;
- Strong grasp of social media (Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and related applications) management and campaign development;
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills, as well as organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Experience with video editing would be a plus;
- Familiarity and interest in human rights and/or gender equality frameworks;
- Demonstrates initiative and ability to work independently and as a member of a team to meet programme needs; and
- Availability to start working in February/March 2020 for a period of three to six months.
If you want to Study in China then apply for Wuhan University Chinese Government Scholarship 2020 (Fully Funded).
Under the direct supervision of the Chief Technical Advisor and the Communications Officer for the Safe and Fair Programme, the Communications Intern will undertake the following tasks which include, but not limited to:
- Assist in drafting a press release and news articles, including developing original content under direction and editing from multiple contributors;
- Support in the development and design of digital, web content, and print materials;
- Support in social media coverage of the Safe and Fair events and activities;
- Assist in designing, creating, writing text and editing short videos for audience development purposes to bridge the key messages of the Safe and Fair Programme and outreach activities;
- Assist in taking photos and videos, guided by guidelines on UN system photos use;
- Support in extracting analysis from research and preparing factsheets;
- Support in training on communications to staff and partners;
- Prepare draft presentations and briefs as assigned;
- Attend weekly meetings to report and provide inputs for overall communications and visibility efforts of the program’s activities;
- Be conscious of brand standards and guidelines and incorporate them into the activities assigned on communications and visibility of the Safe and Fair Programme;
- Contribute ideas to develop communications and visibility of the Safe and Fair Programme;
- Constantly and continuously keep oneself up to date within the Communications for Development (C4D) industry through colleagues, media, workshops, meetings, and self-access learning resources; and
- Carry out other relevant responsibilities as may be reasonably requested over time.
The hiring unit/program will short-list applicants. You will be directly contacted should the internship opportunity match your profile. If you have not been contacted by any department within six months after your application, you can consider that you have not been selected.
If shortlisted, you may be contacted for a written test and/or interview. The ILO may use communication technologies such as Skype, Video or teleconference, e-mail, etc for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
How to apply for Internship in ILO?
- Search for an internship profile via the page on ILO Jobs
- Select the internship profile you would like to apply for, and create a profile on ILO Jobs (https://jobs.ilo.org)
- Complete your candidate profile and apply to the internship profile
- Be sure to attach a cover letter in the last section of the application, as applications without a cover letter will not be considered and you cannot attach a cover letter after the deadline.