Reham Al-Farra Memorial Journalism Fellowship 2019 (Fully Funded):
Applications are now open for Reham Al-Farra Memorial Journalism Fellowship 2019. You can now send your application and after the acceptance of your application, you can enjoy this opportunity which is heading in the United States of America (USA). This fellowship will continue for 3-Weeks from September 15, 2019, to October 05, 2019. This is a great opportunity for working journalists from developing countries.
The Reham Al-Farra Memorial Journalism Fellowship has started in 1980 by UN General Assembly Resolution 35/201. It was started with the name of “DPI Training Programme for Broadcasters and Journalists”. But in 2003 it becomes Reham Al-Farra Memorial Journalism Fellowship in honor of Reha, Al-Farra.
Reham Al-Farra is a 29-year old public information officer, he was killed on August 19, 2003, in a bombing which was done on the UN-headquarters in Baghdad.
Till now this fellowship has been awarded to 596 Journalists from 168 different countries. Those who complete this fellowship are able to continue their working in the journalism field and they have a better understanding of the United Nations in their own countries.
Location: United States of America
Duration: September 15,2019 to October 05,2019.
- $410/day will be given for accommodation and meal.
- Deadline: April 15, 2019
- Age: Minimum 22-year old.
Maximum: 35 years old.
- Proficient in the English Language.
- Working Journalist (fulltime).
- Valid Passport.
- Be a national of developing countries.
- 3-Published work sample which is related to the topic “international affairs”.
- Letter of reference from where you are working.
- The CV (English or French).
- Your highest degree or diploma.
NOTE: You have to submit your work sample in their original language. Include a brief summary in English for the material which is not submitted in the 6 official UN languages.
UN Offical Languages:
- Spanish and
Official Link: RAF
Opportunities, you may apply for:
- South American Business Forum 2019 in Argentina
- SEALNet Youth Leadership Summit 2019
- Turkish Exchange Program 2019 by Ministry of Youth and Sports