Lakes Region Conservation Corps Americorps Program 2019:
The Squam Lakes Association has six half-year positions available for the summer/fall LRCC program. The Lakes Region Conservation Corps (LRCC) program is a way to gain meaningful experience in the conservation field.
The program is open to US citizens, US national or legal permanent residents of the US who have high school graduates, GED recipients, or must be working toward attaining a high school diploma or GED during their term of service.
Field of Internship: Watershed Conservation Crew: Scuba Diving, Trail work, and Camping in New Hampshire
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: Squam Lakes Association
An internship country: the U.S.
Lakes Region Conservation Corps Americorps Program Eligibility
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Deadline: 17 April 2019
- Must be 18 years of age by May 22, 2019
- Must be covered by health insurance for the duration of the program
- Must be a competent swimmer
- Must meet the Corporation for National Community Service’s minimum requirements:
- Must clear all required National Service Criminal History Checks
- Able to lift 50 pounds
- Able to carry and use heavy tools while hiking
- Able to hike at least 8 miles in a day
- Able to work independently and with a group
- Although it is not a requirement, the majority of applicants has or is in pursuit of their bachelor’s degree.
Internship Open for International Students: No
Is this paid internship? This is a paid internship programme.
Program benefits include: Summer/Fall LRCC-SLA members receive the following over the course of the program:
- Scuba diving certification
- Weed control diver certification
- Lake Host training
- NH Safe Boater Certification
- NH Commercial boating license
- Wilderness First Aid & CPR certifications
- Housing with kitchen facilities
- Living allowance: $200 weekly, distributed biweekly
- AmeriCorps Education Award of $2,907 received upon successful completion of the program (minimum of 900 hours)
Lakes Region Conservation Corps Americorps Program Description
The Squam Lakes Association is a non-profit conservation organization that works to conserve the natural beauty, peaceful character, and resources of the Squam watershed. The SLA is a part of the Lakes Region Conservation Corps (LRCC), an AmeriCorps state program.
LRCC-SLA members receive numerous certifications; including scuba diving certification, weed control diver certification, and wilderness first aid.
Housing is provided for LRCC-SLA members on the SLA’s campus. While serving with the SLA, LRCC-SLA members will also spend nights out camping while they act as campsite caretakers at SLA’s low-impact island campsites.
Number of awards offered: Numbers not given
The LRCC program is a 22.5 weeks program available from May 22, 2019, through October 26, 2019 (end date dependent on completion of service hours)
Notification: Not given
How to Apply for Lakes Region Conservation Corps Americorps Program
To apply, you will need to submit an online application form through the link https://www.squamlakes.org/lrcc-application
- At the time of application, the applicants are required to upload a cover letter and resume.
Internship Application Deadline: Internship application deadline is April 17, 2019. The position will remain open until filled.