AFDB Virtual Internship Program 2023 for International Students:
Applications are invited to apply for AFDB Virtual Internship Program 2023 in Africa. All International Students from AFDB member countries are eligible to apply for African Development Bank (AfDB) Virtual Internship Program – Session II. This is the paid Internship Program for talented students. Program participants are selected on a competitive basis based on the business needs of the Bank. Also apply for Chevening British Fellowship 2023 in United Kingdom (Fully Funded).
Established in 1964, the African Development Bank (AfDB) is a pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social development across the continent. There are 81 member states, 54 of which are from Africa (regional member states). The Bank’s development agenda is providing financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. To focus sharply on the goals of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure maximum development impact, five major sectors (High 5s), all of which will accelerate our delivery to Africa, have been identified. has been done has been, namely: energy, agribusiness, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa. The internship program is part of a broader talent management framework that facilitates the Bank’s delivery of its ten-year strategy and high 5s. Must check UNIL Masters Scholarship 2023 in Switzerland (Funded).
AFDB Virtual Internship Program 2023 Details:
- Provided by: African Development Bank
- Degree level: Internship
- Internship coverage: Paid
- Eligible nationality: International
- Award country: West Africa
- Last Date: 1 September 2022.
Join Our WhatsApp Group if You not Joined it Already
Amazing Scholarship opportunity Singapore International Graduate Award 2023 in Singapore (Fully Funded).
The broad objectives of the program are:
- Provide students with an opportunity to gain professional and practical experience at the African Development Bank.
- Provide the bank with a pool of potential candidates for future recruitment purposes.
However, applicants should not expect that an internship will lead to immediate employment with the bank.
Fields of study required for internship:
- The fields of study from which interns are selected should be within the bank’s job family, particularly economics, agriculture, private sector development, human capital development (education and health), environment, finance, infrastructure development. Human Resource Management, Information Technology. , communication, law, internal audit, budgeting, governance or any other field of study which the Bank considers relevant to its operations.
- Special attention will be given to students who are working on projects that have a direct impact on the Bank’s mission.
Timeline of Session 2 of 2022 Internship Programme:
The 2022 Internship Program session will run from August 2, 2022 to December 2022.
Terms and Conditions
- Each candidate will be given an internship for a period not less than three (3) months and not more than six (6) months. Internship is conducted only once for any candidate.
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, interns will not be required to travel to the duty station. The internship will be conducted remotely from the intern’s respective locations. Thus, interns are expected to have access to a personal computer, a reliable Internet connection and a conducive environment that facilitates smooth and uninterrupted remote working.
- In some cases, and particularly where the duties and responsibilities assigned to interns cannot be performed remotely, the Bank may approve on-site internships on an exceptional basis. In such cases:
- Interns will be responsible for their transportation (in case of air travel) to and from the bank location.
- Only those interns who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be allowed access to the bank’s office premises.
- The Bank shall make reasonable efforts to assist the concerned interns in obtaining their entry and residence visas.
- Eligible interns will benefit from medical insurance coverage paid by the Bank during their internship period.
- Eligible interns will be provided with a monthly stipend.
To be eligible for the internship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must have attained the age of majority in their nationality or country of origin at the time of commencement of the internship program and must not exceed thirty (30) years of age.
- Currently enrolled in a master’s level degree program at an accredited public or private institution of higher education.
- A candidate may apply for an internship within one (1) year of obtaining such degree.
- Be a citizen of an AFDB member countries.
- Provide a letter from their school confirming their enrollment or a copy of the above degree. Applicants must be fluent in at least one of the banks’ two working languages (English or French).
- Be able to use bank standard software packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access); Knowledge of SAP is a must.
Areas of Strategic Focus:
Specific subjects and specialist professional areas are aligned with the Bank’s Ten Year Strategy (TYS) and Gender Strategy. In addition to the Bank’s areas of employment, the following areas will be addressed:
- Power, Energy, Climate and Green Growth
- Agriculture, Human & Social Development
- Private Sector, Infrastructure and Industrialization
- Economics, Statistics
- Governance and Knowledge Management
- Human Resources and Corporate Services: IT, Language Services, General Services & Procurement, HR Management
- Audit, Anti-Corruption
- Communication & External Relations
- Public Relations
- Environmental and Social Assessment
The last date to apply for the AFDB Virtual Internship Program 2023 in Africa for International Students is 1st September 2022.
How to Apply for AFDB Virtual Internship Program?
There is an Online Application Process to apply for AFDB Virtual Internship Program 2023 in Africa. Visit the official advertisement given below: