United Nations Human Rights Internship 2021 in Geneva:
Applications are invited to apply for the United Nations Human Rights Internship 2021 in Geneva. Apply Now for the United Nations Human Rights Internship in Geneva, Switzerland. The selected interns will be working at the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights. Also apply for University of California Free Online Courses 2020.
Based in Geneva Switzerland, under the overall guidance of the Chief of Section, the intern reports to the Human Rights Officer in the assigned work unit. The internship assignment shall be for an initial period of three (3) months, renewable for a combined period of six (6) months, upon further approval by the supervisor, and a scheduled commencement date during the first quarter of the coming year, ranging/starting from January 2020 to January 2021.
The Office of the United Nations (UN) High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) is the Secretariat Department responsible for strengthening international human rights mechanisms; enhancing equality and countering discrimination; combating impunity and strengthening accountability and the rule of law; integrating human rights in development and in the economic sphere; widening the democratic space; and early warning and protection of human rights in situations of conflict, violence, and insecurity. Must check University of South Australia Research Scholarships 2021 (Fully Funded).
United Nations Human Rights Internship 2021 Details:
- Provided by: United Nations
- Department: High Commissioner for Human Rights
- Eligible nationality: International
- Internship country: Geneva, Switzerland
- Last Date: 31 January 2021.
Join Our WhatsApp Group if You not Joined it Already
Avail this amazing opportunity Korea National University of Arts Scholarship 2020 (Fully Funded).
- To qualify for the United Nations Secretariat internship program applicants must, at the time of their submission, be enrolled in a graduate school program (i.e. Master’s degree or equivalent degree, or higher) or in the final academic year of a first-level university degree programme (i.e. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree), preferably in the area of law, political science, international relations, social sciences or a related field, OR have graduated with a university degree as defined above AND, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period from the date of graduation.
Work Experience Languages:
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this internship, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of Arabic would be an advantage.
- This internship is an UNPAID and full-time engagement that provides a framework through which students from diverse academic backgrounds gain exposure to the work of the United Nations by way of their service within Secretariat entities.
- Applicants should have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations with a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter and have the demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs – which includes a willingness to understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
The last date to apply for the United Nations Human Rights Internship in Geneva is 31st January 2021.
How to Apply for a United Nations Internship?
There is an Online Application System to apply for United Nations Human Rights Internship 2021. Click on the Apply Now button below to proceed to the registration process. Login with your id if you have already an account. If you don’t have an account then you need to create your account first. We suggest you should read more about this internship opportunity on the official website before applying.