Korean Government GKS Scholarship 2021 for International Students:
Applications are invited to apply for the Korean Government GKS Scholarship 2021 in South Korea. All International Students from any part of the globe are eligible to apply for Global Korea Scholarship 2021. The Korean Government Scholarship is Fully Funded Scholarship to pursue Master’s Degree or PhD Degree from South Korea. This Year, the Korean Government is offering 1,278 International Scholarships from 145 countries who wish to pursue a graduate-level degree (Master’s or Doctoral) or Research in Korea. The award is available for academic session of 2021-22. Also apply for Austrian Development Scholarships 2021 in Austria (Fully Funded).
Almost all academic fields and majors are offered by Korean Government to pursue Postgraduate degree programs from Korean best Universities. All the expenses will be covered by Government of Korea.
Korea Government Scholarship is one of the Top Scholarships in the world which enrolls a high Number of Students each Year. The call-in February is for Graduate Degree whereas for Undergraduate the call will open in September 2021. You may be interested in National Taiwan University Scholarships 2021 in Taiwan (Funded).
Korean Government GKS Scholarship 2021 Details:
- Degree level: Masters, PhD, Research
- Scholarship coverage: Fully Funded
- No. of scholarships: 1,278
- Eligible nationality: International
- Award country: South Korea
- Last Date: different for every country.
Join Our WhatsApp Group if You not Joined it Already
Don’t miss amazing opportunity in Australia and Apply for Australia Awards Scholarships 2021 in Australia (Fully Funded).
Korean Government GKS Scholarship 2021 in Korea is a Fully Funded Scholarship in Korea for international students. The Global Korea GKS Scholarship 2021 will cover all the expenses. Detail is given below:
- Complete Tuition Fee
- Monthly Allowance (KRW 1,000,000 – KRW 1,500,000)
- Resettlement Allowance (KRW 200,000)
- Medical Insurance (KRW 20,000)
- Research Support (KRW 210,000 – 240,000)
- Round Airfare Tickets
- Language Courses
- Award for Excellent Korean Language Proficiency
- Printing Costs (Dissertation) (KRW 500,000 – 800,000)
- Completion Grant.
About GKS Scholarship:
To provide international students with opportunities to conduct advanced studies in Graduate Programs at Higher Educational Institutions in the Republic of Korea in order to promote international exchanges in education and mutual friendship between countries.
Available Study Fields
- All-Academic Fields & Majors are available Under the Global Korea Scholarship by the Korean Government for Masters & PhD.
- Applicants must choose their majors (fields of study) that are only listed in the “University Information” file.
Korean Scholarship Duration:
- Master’s Degree: 3 years
- 1 year of the Korean language program
- 2 years of a degree program
- Doctoral Degree: 4 years
- 1 year of the Korean language program
- 3 years of the regular degree program
- Research Program: 6 Months.
Eligibility Criteria for Global Korea Scholarship:
- All applicants must be in good health, both mentally and physically.
- All applicants must have maintained CGPA equivalent to or higher than following:
- CGPA: 2.64/4.0, 2.80/4.3, 2.91/4.5, 3.23/5.0
- % age: Must be 80% or above on a 100-point scale or be ranked within the top 20% within one’s class.
- All applicants must hold citizenship of NIIED designated countries
- All applicants and their parents must not hold Korean citizenship.
- Korean citizens and dual citizenship holders (one who have Korean citizenship and citizenship of another country) are Not eligible to apply.
- Applicants and their parents who had previously held Korean citizenship must submit
documentation that proves their renunciation of Korean citizenship
- Must be under 40 years of age as of September 1, 2021 (born after September 1, 1981)
- Academic professors who are under 45 years of age as of September 1, 2021 (born after September 1, 1976) and hold citizenship of one of the Official Development Assistance (ODA) recipients listed in the table below are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must hold or must be expected to hold a Bachelor’s Degree to be enrolled in a Master Program or hold a Master Degree to be enrolled in Ph.D. Degree Program.
- Research Program Applicants: Must hold a degree or a level of education equivalent to or higher than a Master’s degree and must have received an invitation from one of NIIED’s designated Korean universities.
- Postdoctoral Research Program: Must hold a doctoral degree or a level of education equivalent to a doctoral degree.
- Applicants who are expected to graduate at the time of applying must first submit the certificate of expected graduation at the time of applying.
- English Language Requirements/Certificate.
The last date to apply for the Korean Government Scholarship 2021 – GKS Scholarship is varying from Country to Country and Korean Embassy to Embassy of your Country.
All applicants must check the deadline for application submission by contacting their relevant embassy or desired university directly.
How to Apply for Korean Government GKS Scholarship?
The procedure to apply is different and set by each country. The official website link is given below. We highly advise you to make sure to check the calls for 2021 GKS applications separately announced by relevant institutions or offices.