AERC PhD Fellowship 2023 for African Students:
Applications are invited from qualified and motivated candidates for PhD program in the field of Economics to Apply for AERC PhD Fellowship 2023 in South Africa. Supported by the African Economic Research Consortium (AERC), the program combines the traditional structure of a PhD Degree in the School of Economics and Finance (SEF) and partnerships with other universities in Africa. It provides a rigorous and competitive training leading to a doctoral degree in economics at the University of the Witwatersrand. Also apply for Commonwealth Professional Fellowship 2023 for Mid-career Professionals.
During the program, candidates will have the opportunity to study with students from other degree-granting universities in Africa, both on our campus and optionally at a shared facility in Nairobi, Kenya. The program spans four years, including core subjects, electives, thesis proposal, fieldwork, thesis preparation and defense training. Students will spend time at the University of Cape Town and Nairobi, Kenya for coursework and then at WITS for their thesis component.
A limited number of full scholarships will be offered competitively to applicants from the Sub-Saharan Africa region. Applicants from within the SADC region are therefore encouraged to apply.
The program starts in January every year and the deadline for 2023 intake applications is 31 July 2022. Please note that this program is offered on a full-time basis only, and accepted candidates must start the program in January 2023. Must check Pioneer Fellowship 2023 in Switzerland | ETH Pioneer Fellowship Program.
AERC PhD Fellowship 2023 Details:
- University: University of the Witwatersrand
- Degree level: PhD Degree
- Scholarship coverage: Fully Funded
- Eligibility nationality: Africans
- Award country: South Africa
- Last Date: 31 July 2022.
Join Our WhatsApp Group if You not Joined it Already
Study Online for Free Stanford University Courses Online 2023 | Stanford Free Courses.
- A masters degree in Economics or an equivalent qualification from Wits University or another university.
Please download the application form from https://www.wits.ac.za/applications/choosedownloads and send it together with the required documents and supporting documents to Ms. Kamo Nhlapo on: [email protected]. Please note that for this particular programme only (the AERC PhD programme) you do not have to upload your documents onto the Wits online application system. You must send the required documents to Ms. Kamo Nhlapo. Please send any queries to her.
The following supporting documents should be emailed to Ms Kamo Nhlapo – [email protected]
- Copies of your degree certificates
- Copies of ALL academic transcripts
- SAQA evaluation (This is an evaluation carried out by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA) on all International qualifications – application details available at www.saqa.org.za ). If you don’t have SAQA now, please ensure you start the application process immediately.
- Proof of English proficiency (if qualification completed at an Institution where the medium of instruction was not English)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of motivation
- A brief (5-10 page) proposal outlining your research interest
How to apply for AERC PhD Fellowship?
There is an Online Application System to apply for African Economic Research Consortium Fellowship 2023.
- Applications are handled centrally by the Student Enrolment Centre (SEnC). Once your application is complete in terms of requested documentation, your application will be referred to the relevant School for assessment. Click here to see an overview of the Wits applications process.
- Please apply online. Upload your supporting documents at the time of application, or via the Self Service Portal.
- Applicants can monitor the progress of their applications via the Self Service Portal.
- Selections for programs that have a limited intake but attract a large number of applications may only finalize the application at the end of the application cycle.